Tuesday 4 May 2010

Writing by Numbers

So after grading a huge pile of exam papers (sorted into legible and illegible handwriting for efficiency/procrastination purposes) I decided to take a break from school work and try some writing. I'm almost tempted to go back to school work.

It took me a good hour (give or take some online distraction) to bash out a passable 250 words. That is after about six deleted attempts of 100-200 words each which were just diabolical. So maybe it was productive in a way? Hmm.

Either way, it's not the greatest output. Call it 250 words an hour, and I'd have about an hour's grace each week day to write... and the least you're looking at for a novel(la) is 50,000 words... maybe I should leave my revisions until I've actually finished writing. The whole thing. In the hope I won't be able to bring myself to delete it and start again even if it is odious drivel.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, thanks for your comment on 'Romeo and Juliet'. I shall see about bringing in more arguments; also I shall bear in mind your idea.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete