Wednesday 26 May 2010

Donkey Spotting

I've been immobilized again today. I made the mistake of thinking that my leg was up to walking about 30 metres yesterday, and had to run around loads for work. The result? My leg feels like it's been broken, the achey pain you get when they've numbed you with painkillers but not quite enough...

Work has become even more of a joke recently. Management is getting worse and worse. Having failed Ofsted we're meant to be working towards improving, but communication is getting worse and people seem to assume that if they say things will be done, they will get done without anyone taking any actions. There was the most disastrous example of this the other morning, but I can't give examples just yet as I am paranoid someone from work will come across this and recognise me.

I've spent the whole day applying for jobs.

Teachers Season 1-3 [Region 2 Import-Non USA Format] [Region 2]The whole thing makes me think of this Sitcom that used to be on TV here called Teachers. It was about a raggle taggle bag of unprofessional teachers who did the bare minimum to get by while the incompetent fools in management only made things worse. Totally unrealistic (I thought at the time) and totally hilarious.There were always insane things going on, and one Christmas episode a donkey was walking through the corridor bedecked with fairy lights etc. In my memory after this, the donkey would always show up whenever something crackers happened. I find myself looking around  expecting to see the donkey everywhere... 

This cannot be real, surely? I must be living in the age of reality TV through some version of The Truman Show...

No comments:

Post a Comment