Saturday 15 May 2010

Best Movie Opening Lines

The Breakfast Club
"Saturday, March 24,1984. Shermer High School, Shermer, Illinois, 60062. Dear Mr. Vernon, We accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for whatever it was we did wrong. What we did was wrong. But we think you're crazy to make us write an essay telling you who we think we are. What do you care? You see us as you want to see us - in the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions. You see us as a brain, an athlete, a basket case, a princess and a criminal. Correct? That's the way we saw each other at 7:00 this morning. We were brainwashed" The Breakfast Club (1985)
Just been watching this on BBC2. I was addicted to this when I was 15. I had it on VHS... is that antique yet? Even as an adult (I guess I am one now) I still think that it's one of the best stories of friendship and appreciating each other's differences. I think it probably has the best film opening lines that I can think of in the English language. Anyone got any other suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment