Wednesday 12 May 2010

The Happiness Project

The Happiness Project: Or, Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun I've been reading everywhere about a book called The Happiness Project I'd be surprised if you haven't heard of it, the marketing machine means that it's everywhere in the UK at the moment and probably is in the US too.

Since everyone would like to be happier (any sane person anyway, even if you're happy, who doesn't want to be the happiest they could possibly be) and I too suffer from this sensation that life is often passing me by I decided to buy it. I ordered free delivery from amazon, and it arrived today- which is great. Free delivery is 3-5 days, and today was day too, so that in itself boosted my happiness. She has a blog too, though I haven't spent any time checking it out yet.

Since I am still unable to walk (post operative infection, so many tablets I rattle when I move) I've been reading it on the sofa which has become my world. I've gotten through the energy section (tips sound good, I can't exercise so can't try many out atm) and was interested to see that she noticed that decluttering was important (see earlier post on my desk) it has inspired me to see what other areas I can declutter from a seated position and I've moved onto my closet and drawers of miscellaneous paper around the house.

I'm feeling much sicker than yesterday, which is an unfortunate effect of the medication, but I'm also feeling less despondent. I will keep you up to date on my progress through the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment