Saturday 26 June 2010

An Uncelebrated Anniversary

Today is the fifteenth anniversary of my being run over and having my foot crushed and I got a letter through from the Occupational Health Dr who my employer referred me to because my absence due to surgery exceeded the council's ten day target. It's a copy of the letter sent to my employer about the referral they made, and it says that under the 2005 Disability Discrimination Act an employment tribunal would consider me disabled, and therefore I have a case for constructive dismissal, as I've been so unsupported I've resigned.

I'm not going to go through the courts or anything like that. The school have been cr-p but ultimately I think it will only make me feel worse about myself if I do take action. I have really mixed emotions about this label. On the one hand it helps me accept that I struggle with these things because my leg is a genuine disability, but on the whole I just wish it would all go away and that I could get on with my life.

I intend to get on with my life. I want to be able to walk, exercise, shop etc. without the pain. I've got a follow up email from a job application for a less physical job. I'm hoping that being able to sit down all day in work will leave me physically able to walk about a little bit in the evenings, maybe go to the cinema and things. Here's to hope.

The boyfriend has been a big help today in getting the flat sorted out. It's beginning to look more like a home at last. He even bought me some roses and peonies, which are lovely. I'm mostly too tired to lift my own arms at the moment, and that's not been helping my mood much. I spent most of yesterday asleep because I am so exhausted.

The room decoration is something of a mood boost. I'll put some pictures up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment