Thursday 1 July 2010

The Acceptable Face of Bullying and Harrassment

I like to read celebrity gossip. I'm always a bit put off telling people that because I know that my assumptions about people who admit to it can be... negative. I think people will think I'm really vapid and trivial. I could make up some excuse about how I read it to be down with the kids in school... but that would be a lie.

I don't read it all the time, but I do read it. I read it for upcoming film news, to see what my favourite actresses are wearing, and I need to know if my favourite actors are in relationships just in case I see them on the street one day (need to know if I'm stepping on another ladies toes by rugby tackling them and begging them to marry me). It's like one of my dirty little secret(s).

What I really don't like though is the nasty stuff. Speculating about illness or just anything nasty. I know it's kind of hypocritical because... well it's all intrusive and I'm only reading it because I'm small minded and nosey on some level. But... Perez Hilton... I am honestly not going on there again.

This probably will not be news to anyone but...He is so horrible. Like really mean. Offensively so. About so many people. Does he know these people? Why does he think it's ok to abuse them in this way?

I would like to say that I've never been mean about someone. But that would make me a liar. I can honestly say that I have never been that cruel though. It's like he can't report that someone is linked with a film or engaged or anything without writing the most horrrendous, truly awful character assassinations.

How pathetic that this guy is actually making millions (possibly an exaggeration but I doubt it) by ripping other people's lives to shred for the amusement of the masses. It shouldn't make a difference, but so many of the people he seems to slate are practically children. I'm pretty sure he's awful about Miley Cyrus and she actually is a minor in law (in the UK at least).

I might not agree with all the choices these people make, but hell, it'll be a sad day if I ever allow Perez Hilton to be my moral compass.

No comments:

Post a Comment